Let's face it: Even with the deals on foaming soap at Bath and Body Works, they can get spendy. And, have you ever wondered exactly what is in those bottles of soap anyway?
Here is a way to make your own natural foaming soap – and it is EASY!
You probably already have all the ingredients, too!
You can use any empty foaming hand soap bottle you have laying around the house or you can purchase a new one here . Mix and match your favorite essential oils to create your own custom soap. The options are endless!
- 16 oz foaming soap dispenser
- 4 tablespoons of liquid castile soap (unscented) *
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil (or jojoba oil)
- 15-25 drops essential oils of your choice
- Distilled water (I use filtered)
8 drops of peppermint with 8 drops of melaleuca
20 drops of a protective blend
15 drops of citrus blend
8 drops eucalyptus with 8 drops spearmint
8 drops bergamot with 8 drops grapefruit
8 drops orange with 6 drops cedarwood and 4 drops ylang ylang
6 drops patchouli with 12 drops tangerine
10 drops lavender with 6 drops lemon
8 drops basil with 8 drops lemon
Or create your own!
- Pour castile soap and fractionated coconut oil into bottle.
- Add essential oils.
- Add water (slowly) into the bottle making sure to leave room for the pump.
- Add lid, shake, and you are done!
Pump 1-2 times into hands and wash with warm water.
Where To Get Supplies:
Foaming Soap Dispensers
Foaming Mason Jar Dispensers
Castile Soap or Costco or Target
Sweet Almond Oil
Frationated Coconut Oil
Purchase essential oils here.
For more information about essential oil uses, check out this page.