Honey and Oatmeal Facial Scrub
1/2 cup of oatmeal
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp nutmeg
15 drops Lavender essential oil
15 drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil
1 tsp dried lavender (optional)
- Blend the oatmeal to break it up a bit. Don't make it powdery, just break it up a tiny bit.
- Transfer oatmeal into a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Feel free to add dried lavender if you have it, but it is completely optional.
- Stir to combine all ingredients. It will be a bit crumbly. Add more honey to mixture if necessary to combine.
- Transfer the scrub to a small glass container with a lid.
- Use this scrub as you would any other facial scrub/cleanser. Apply olive oil or other moisturizer as needed. One batch should last 2 weeks, if used daily.
Here’s why it works:
- Honey can control and reduce breakouts, it has great moisturizing properties and has antiseptic qualities that can reduce scars and encourage wound healing.
- In addition to being a great exfoliate, oatmeal is packed full of healing amino acids, and it’s hypoallergenic and moisturizing.
- Nutmeg has incredible astringent, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, making it an awesome choice for people with acne-prone skin.
- Lavender essential oil has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and anti-fungal properties, soothing agitated or broken out skin. It also has a calming, pleasant scent.
- Melaleuca Oil has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, and immune stimulant properties that help heal and prevent acne and blemishes.