These Caprese Skewers with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette Drizzle are the perfect bite-size appetizer for your parties. Enjoy this healthy stick of freshness in the summertime, or all year round!
If you are like me, you are sick of going to parties where all they are serving is Buffalo Chicken Dip, Pickle Rollups, Chicken Wings and dips so fatty that you can actually feel your pants becoming too tight while you are wearing them.
Well, here is a healthy option that your guests will absolutely love! These Caprese Skewers with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette Dressing will leave them wanting more and asking for the recipe!
Bright red juicy tomatoes, skewered with milky mini mozzarella cheese balls and fresh, springy basil leaves, drizzled with tangy-sweet lemon-basil vinaigrette drizzle. O.M.G.
Each layer has its own bold and refreshing flavor that even your favorite carnivore will love them! (Except mine because he hates tomatoes.)
Better yet – No cooking! They are super simple to make! And take about 15 minutes to prepare!
And because the dressing is made with essential oils, you get an extra benefit!
- Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
- Supports healthy respiratory function.
- Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces. So wipe up any mess you create while making these treats with a little Lemon oil added to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces.
- Diffuse to promote a positive mood.
- Wash hands with Lemon oil to remove grease after changing your oil.
- Mist a little Basil and water on your face to help keep you cool while prepping for your party.
- Diffuse to promote alertness and lessen anxious feelings.
- Massage with Wintergreen and carrier oil on back of neck for a stress-relieving experience.
- May help to ease monthly feminine discomfort during menstrual cycle.
- Diffuse for feeling of relief at the end of your party and promote a sense of focus while you clean up. (Blends with Lime, Bergamot and/or Peppermint for an invigorating aroma.)
Are you ready to make these for your next party?
Caprese Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mini mozzarella balls (or you can cut fresh mozz into small chunks)
- Basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped (or ½ tsp of garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste (I used about 1/4 tsp)
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 drops of Basil essential oil (I recommend using these oils)
- 3 drops of Lemon essential oil (I recommend using these oils)
- Add the red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, Basil essential oil, and Lemon essential oil to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Thread the mozzarella, basil leaf (fold in half if large) and tomato onto a tooth pick. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Lay on serving platter.
- Drizzle lemon-basil vinaigrette on top of each skewer.
- Serve & eat!