Known for its distinct aroma and taste, Lime provides cleansing benefits when taken internally or used topically—making it the perfect oil for purifying skin, air, and surfaces.*
- Supports healthy immune function*
- Positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties
- Used as an aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser*
- Promotes emotional balance and well-being
Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, doTERRA Lime essential oil is refreshing and energizing in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrées and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor. Due to its high limonene content, Lime provides internal cleansing benefits* and can be diffused to help purify the air. It’s also an effective and natural surface cleaner. Lime is known for its ability to uplift, balance, and energize. Lime is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
- Not only does Lime essential oil taste sweet, it also has a tart, citrus scent as well. This aroma is perfect for when you want to brighten a room or make your home feel clean or fresh. To utilize the smell of Lime oil around your house, try this Spring Fling Room Spray DIY. Simply combine Lemon, Grapefruit, and Lime oil with distilled water into a glass spray bottle and spray the concoction around your home or any area that could use a more cheerful scent.
- The refreshing properties of Lime oil can positively affect mood when diffused. While diffusing Lime oil can help lift your mood, you can also diffuse this oil when you simply want to cleanse the air in your kitchen, bedroom, office, or entire home.
- Lime oil can also promote well-being and emotional balance, so it is a good idea to diffuse Lime on days when you need to center and balance your emotions, or if you aren’t feeling your best.
- Purify your hair & skin by adding one or two drops of Lime essential oil to your face wash or shampoo to yield the benefits of added cleansing properties. To use Lime oil for hair, just combine with a few drops of Melaleuca and give yourself a scalp massage in the shower.
- Lime has great cleansing properties. Use Lime essential oil for skin! Make this easy DIY Ginger Lime Brown Sugar Scrub. You can easily make this facial scrub at home, and it will leave your skin softer and more exfoliated.
- Studies show that the chemical components of Lime (beta pinene) may help support balance of brain chemistry, possibly helping reduce sad feelings. Apply Lime essential oil to the back of the neck and wrists. (Or diffuse)
- Known for its purifying properties, Lime essential oil is often used as an internal cleanser.*
- Lime oil may also support healthy immune function.* When you want to reap these internal benefits, consider adding a drop or two of Lime oil to your water glass or water bottle to enhance the flavor and provide antioxidant support.*
- If you want a flavorful drink that isn’t soda or full of sugar, you can also place a drop of Lemon and a drop of Lime oil in your water for a refreshing, sweet flavor.
- Looking for a flavorful side dish to take to your next party? You can always add a drop of Lime essential oil to homemade salsa to give it an extra punch of flavor.
- Lime oil is also a delicious addition to corn. Take a look at our essential oil recipe for Grilled Corn, which uses the flavors of Lime oil, cilantro, garlic, and cayenne pepper to turn regular corn on the cob into your new favorite snack.
- If you want a delicious side dish that is also guilt-free, try our Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Lime Dip. This unique essential oil recipe is the perfect addition to your next movie night, birthday party, or family get-together.
- If you are a fan of fruity or sweet drinks, Lime oil is your new best friend. Lime essential oil will add a tart, naturally sweet flavor to your favorite slushies, smoothies, or drinks.
- Possibly one of the most common uses for the lime fruit is to add a tart, sweet flavor to dishes like chicken. This is also true for Lime essential oil—it can dress up any boring dinner when you are looking to add a little flavor. These Lime Chicken Tacos are a delicious twist on a classic favorite, bursting full of sweet and savory flavors.
- If you are looking for another way to incorporate Lime essential oil into your dinner plans, check out our Honey Lime Chicken Wings. With doTERRA Lime oil, soy sauce, Tabasco sauce, garlic, and more, this essential oil recipe has plenty of kick to it, and will soon become a summertime favorite to make on the grill.
- Known for its purifying properties, Lime essential oil is often used as a household cleaner.*
- Like Lemon oil, doTERRA Lime essential oil comes in handy for cleaning. There are countless ways to use Lime oil for cleaning, whether you want to get rid of a sticky mess, clean your countertops, or purify your hands.
- When you are left with a sticky, goopy, or greasy mess, you can use Lime essential oil to remove grease spots or residue left behind by stickers. Simply place a few drops of Lime oil on a cotton pad and rub down the sticky area until the residue or spot is gone.
- To keep your dishes extra clean (and smelling lovely), try our DIY Dish Soap, which uses Lime, Lemon, and Citrus Bliss® essential oil. This combination will leave your kitchen smelling great while giving your dishes a beautiful shine.