Douglas FirSourced from young trees in New Zealand, premium Douglas Fir oil can help promote feelings of clear airways during aromatic use, and cleanse the skin when used topically.
- Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing
- Cleansing and purifying to the skin
- Promotes a positive mood and sense of focus
DescriptionDouglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon scented note that’s sweet and refreshing. doTERRA Douglas Fir essential oil is sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, where it is a highly invasive species threatening the country’s ecosystem. By harvesting the young Douglas Fir trees and using them for essential oil, doTERRA is helping to combat the environmental impact of the trees overtaking the land while providing a premium conifer essential oil. Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in beta-pinene, contributing to its ability to promote feelings of clear airways. Douglas Fir can also be used to purify the skin and promote a positive mood. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
- Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in a diffuser to freshen the air, uplift mood, and promote a sense of focus.
- Douglas Fir is high in monoterpenes which makes it great for breaking down mucus membranes – what does that mean? If your nose feels “stuffy” you can diffuse 2–3 drops Douglas Fir with 2–3 drops Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
- Because Douglas Fir trees are often used in the Christmas tree industry, the aroma of Douglas Fir essential oil has many uses around the holidays. You can create your own holiday room spray, and invite the smells of the season into your home. Simply combine 15 drops of Frankincense, 15 drops of Grapefruit, and 30 drops of Douglas Fir into a glass spray bottle. Top with water and spray!
- With a combination of citrus and wood notes, Douglas Fir oil’s aroma can help promote an uplifting and positive environment. When you want to create a positive mood at home, at the office, or in a child’s bedroom, diffuse a few drops of Douglas Fir essential oil. Because of its unique chemistry, Douglas Fir oil blends well with citrus, wood, and spice essential oils. Along with creating a positive mood, diffusing Douglas Fir oil will also freshen and purify the air—an added bonus!
- Want an invigorating diffuser blend that will uplift your mood and help you focus? Combine Douglas Fir, Wild Orange, and Lemon or Bergamot oil in your diffuser for a blend that will freshen the air, uplift the mood, and promote a sense of focus.
- Need extra help focusing? Inhale Douglas Fir oil directly from the bottle.
- Add 1 drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma.
- Combine with 1-2 drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience.
- Many people use Douglas Fir oil for skin, because it holds cleaning and purifying properties when applied topically. Due to its chemical makeup, Douglas Fir essential oil is very useful for cleaning—whether you are wiping down counters or purifying your skin when you wash your face in the morning. To enjoy the benefits of Douglas Fir oil for your skin, add a few drops of the oil to your facial moisturizer to help cleanse and purify the skin.
- Bring an invigorating aroma to your daily hygiene routine by adding a few drops of Douglas Fir essential oil to your favorite cleansers and soaps. Add one drop of Douglas Fir oil to your facial cleanser, and enjoy the purifying and cleansing properties this oil has to offer. Before you get in the shower, add a drop or two of Douglas Fir oil to bar soap or body wash to experience added cleansing benefits with a refreshing aroma.
- Apply Douglas Fir to your joints to help support them when they are sore or achy.
- Douglas Fir contains properties like Lemon and Lime that make it a great cleaning agent!