MarjoramWith its calming properties and positive effect on the human immune and nervous systems, Marjoram was once known as a symbol of joy and happiness in ancient cultures.*
- Valued for its calming properties and positive effect on the nervous system*
- Supports a healthy immune system*
- May promote a healthy cardiovascular system*
DescriptionAlso known as “wintersweet” or “joy of the mountains, ” Marjoram was known to the Greeks and Romans as a symbol of happiness. Marjoram has been used in culinary dishes, imparting a unique flavor to soups, stews, dressings, and sauces: in Germany, this herb is known as the “Goose Herb” for its traditional use in roasting geese. In modern applications, Marjoram is valued for its calming properties and its positive effect on the nervous system.* It also supports both healthy cardiovascular and immune systems.*
- Diffuse Marjoram oil for its extensive benefits it provides for the body, including having a positive effect on the nervous system.* Marjoram oil is also used for its calming properties.
- Diffuse Marjoram with Lavender for a calming and stress-free night.
- Do you have trouble sleeping or restless nights? Use Marjoram before bed may promote a more restful sleep. Try a drop on your pillow or in a diffuser beside your bed.
- Emotionally, if you feel like you are unable to trust others for form meaningful relationship and maybe have built up a wall, Marjoram can help you break down those barriers, heal past wounds, and help create a safe and trusting environment.
- Add a few drops of Marjoram to your shower, in the same way as you might use eucalyptus, to support a healthy respiratory system.
- Food Flavoring: Replace Marjoram essential oil in your next recipe that calls for dried Marjoram. Usually 1 drop of essential oil is equivalent to 2 tsp. of dried herbs.
- To help support your immune system with Marjoram oil, dilute one drop of Marjoram into 4 fl. oz. of liquid and drink. You can also put Marjoram oil into a Veggie Capsule and ingest.
- The cardiovascular system includes one of the most fundamental and crucial parts of the body—the heart. Because of its prominence in keeping the body running, it is important to support your body’s cardiovascular system. Marjoram oil may promote a healthy cardiovascular system, helping to give your body essential strength that it may need.* These benefits can be obtained by taking Marjoram essential oil internally.
- While working on long, intense projects, apply Marjoram essential oil to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress. Marjarom oil contains calming properties that help relax emotions during stressful moments. Applying Marjoram essential oil topically can help provide the calming feelings you need to get through difficult or strenuous tasks.
- If “Rock-a-bye Baby” doesn’t seem to be lulling your child to sleep, don’t worry; just use some Marjoram oil. Prior to a nap, apply Marjoram essential oil to a fussy child’s feet. The calming properties of Marjoram oil will help soothe the child, helping him or her to rest easily and peacefully.
- Apply to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress
- To bring relief to your muscles, apply Marjoram essential oil to the desired areas of your skin before and after exercising. Marjoram is also a perfect oil to add to a soothing massage blend for targeting tired and stressed muscles.