PeppermintThe high menthol content of the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil sets it apart from others when it comes to quality—making it one of the best-selling favorites among doTERRA essential oils.
- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*
- Promotes digestive health*
- Repels bugs naturally
DescriptionThe peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function.* Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among doTERRA essential oils.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Falling asleep in class or in the boardroom? Inhale peppermint for a natural method to feel alert.
- Here are some great Winter Difffuser Blend ideas you can use peppermint with.
- Stuffy nose? Make this Open Airways Inhaler Remedy.
- Looking for a way to repel bugs and spiders in your house? Luckily, Peppermint oil provides a perfect solution to ward off those creepy crawlers. Many bugs and spiders dislike the potent smell of Peppermint, consequently, Peppermint essential oil is used as a home remedy to repel bugs naturally. Try placing 1–3 drops of essential oil on a cotton ball and position them in the corners of your bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, laundry room, or wherever you think these unwanted guests might be.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Add 10 drop to brownie mix or make this Peppermint Bark.
- Infuse your water. Peppermint oil makes a healthy addition to any drink because it helps promote healthy respiratory function and clear breathing, and by adding doTERRA Peppermint oil to the drink of your choice, you are encouraging healthy respiratory function in your body* while simultaneously adding a delicious flavor to your drinks.
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Add Peppermint essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage that will provide the pampering your scalp deserves.
- Summer can be HOT! Check out this blog Beat the Heat for other ways to keep cool in the summer.
- Get too much sun? Make a soothing after sun spray or a Cooling Aloe Lotion.
- Apply to help relax and ease tension headaches and muscular aches and pains.
- Make your own foaming hand soap. Here are some great Christmas foaming soap recipes.
- Everyone loves smooth legs and a smooth face! Here is a great do-it-yourself Shaving Cream made with the best essential oils on the market!
- Looking for something strong and natural to freshen your breath with? Mix a drop of Peppermint oil with a drop of Lemon essential oil in water, take a sip, and swirl it around in your mouth for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse. One of the key ingredients to this mouth rinse is the menthol found in Peppermint. Menthol has been used for centuries for its ability to cleanse and freshen. When you use a drop of Peppermint oil in your mouth rinse, the menthol is what gives it a fresh and minty kick. This powerful and fresh element is why Peppermint is found in many oral health products today. When using this Peppermint mouth rinse, you will experience a pleasurable, cooling feeling your mouth will love and you will walk away confident, knowing that your breath smells just as good as it feels.
- Sometimes feet just get dried out. It happens, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with it. Try this do-it-yourself Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion and show your feet how much you appreciate them. This is a simple and light lotion that includes natural ingredients like Peppermint and Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oils. After a long day, there are few things better than taking a seat and giving your feet the cooling sensation that this DIY lotion brings. For best results, try applying this lotion generously to your feet and then putting socks on before you go to bed. Whipped Peppermint Foot Lotion will not only leave your feet smelling fresh, it will transform your sandpaper heels into a silky dream.
- Make a Tub & Tile Scrub for cleaning. Peppermint has great cleaning properties!
Here is another blog with ways to use Peppermint!