Top Uses for dōTERRA’s On Guard Essential Oil BlendAs one of doTERRA’s most popular blends, doTERRA On Guard essential oil has incredible uses and benefits for both body and home. This protective blend can be taken internally to support respiratory function and the body’s natural antioxidant defenses.* With powerful immune-supporting properties, doTERRA On Guard is well-known for its ability to protect against environmental and seasonal threats.* doTERRA On Guard is an effective non-toxic cleaning agent that can be used to clean skin and household surfaces. doTERRA On Guard can also be diffused to help cleanse and purify the air. This essential oil blend has an energizing aroma that is warm and spicy.
Primary BenefitsSupports healthy immune and respiratory function*
Protects against environmental threats*
Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses*
Promotes healthy circulation*
Energizing and uplifting aroma
IngredientsWild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Bark/Leaf, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils.
CleaningdoTERRA On Guard contains cleansing and purifying benefits that can be used to clean household surfaces. For a natural and nontoxic cleaner.
- Make a non-toxic all-purpose cleaner to sanitize kitchen and bathroom surfaces! Put 30-50 drops in a spray bottle with ¼ cup white vinegar, 2 cups distilled water. Shake often.
- Add to your dishwasher for micro clean dishes.
- Add to your laundry cycle for micro clean clothes.
- Add to your mop water for cleaner floors.
- Add 15 drops to every cup of corn starch, mix and sprinkle on carpet. Rake carpet, leave for 1 hour, then vacuum to clean and disinfect carpet.
- Mix with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
- Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances like tree sap.
- Put a few drops in your vacuum bag to kill pathogens.
- Use a 50/50 mix of OnGuard and purified water and spray onto oven interior. Leave for 15 minutes, and then wipe away greasy spots.
- Clean the upholstery and dashboard of your car.
- Rub on stains as a pre-wash stain remover.
- Spray on shower stalls and bathroom walls to disinfect and remove mold.
- Spray in public restrooms on airplanes to reduce airborne bacteria.
- Carry for protection in countries with cholera, malaria or dysentery.
Immune Boost & Germs Killer
- Apply to the bottom of your child’s feet to protect them from sickness throughout the day. Great to use during the school year and during the winter.
- Put several drops on the HVAC vents of a hotel room or office to kill airborne pathogens and germs.
- Put a few drops on air filters when changing them to kill pathogens in the duct work.
- Diffuse in homes, a classroom or business to kill air borne pathogens, inhibit mold and build immune systems.
- Have the diffuser going in your home when the kids come home to ward off germs.
- Put 15 drops in a 6oz spray bottle, shake and spray rooms, desks, or bed sheets to protect against pathogens.
- Looking for a hand cleanser that doesn’t include harmful or unnatural ingredients? Make a Hand Cleansing Spray: Combine 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel, 20 drops of On Guard into a 4 oz glass spray bottle and top off with water. To use, shake and spray on children’s hands when traveling!
- Use on hands before and after shaking hands with a lot of people. Make a moisturizing non-toxic Hand Cleansing Gel. Combine 5 tbsp aloe vera gel, ¼ tsp vitamin E oil, 10 drops On Guard in a small bowl. Add 4 tbsp of water and mix. Pour into a small squeeze container. Keep in your purse, diaper bag or at your desk.
- Make an OnGuard spray with 15 drops for every 6 oz of purified water, use the spray for:
- Wipe doorknobs and other things touched by the public.
- Wipe dirty piano keys to clean and disinfect.
- Use on the steering wheel and gearshift of your vehicle.
- Use as an underarm deodorant.
- Use as an air freshener for cooking odors or other unwanted smells.
- Use in the classroom for desks, tables and other items handled by children.
- Use on public telephones to remove germs.
- Use on public computer keyboards and mice.
- Take to the gym and spray all the equipment you use.
- Take to the supermarket and use to disinfect shopping cart handles.
- Mix with a tbsp of water, gargle for 1 minute then swallow at the on-set of a sore throat.
- Put 5 drops Oregano and 5 drops OnGuard in a capsule and take 3 times daily at the on set of cold or flu symptoms.
- Put on the soles of children’s feet at night during cold & flu season to support immune system (be sure to put cotton socks on after applying the oil).
- Put several drops in a bowl of hot – hot water and breathe in the vapors as it begins to volatilize when you have lung congestion.
- Add to Emergen-C or orange juice to help congestion and fight flu and cold.
- Mix 2-3 drops of OnGuard and 2 drops of lemon EO with honey or agave in a teaspoon for a cold or cough relief medicine for kids.
- Gargle with 1 tbsp of water and 1 drop each of lemon and On Guard hourly when you feel like you are losing your voice.
- Spray in your mouth and throat when you feel some sickness coming on.
- Freshen breath in the middle of the day or after meals with On Guard beadlets.
- Apply to bee and insect stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
- Brush daily with On Guard toothpaste for healthy teeth and gums.
- Gargle with OnGuard and 1 tbsp of water prior speaking engagements or singing performances.
- Add 3 drops to your tooth brush and brush every day for a healthy mouth.
- Apply to gums and teeth, or swish with 5 drops of on guard & 1 tbsp of water for pain relief from toothaches and after dental work.
- Apply to canker sore.
- Combine 2 tbsp of water with 5 drops of on guard in a small glass and store your toothbrush overnight to sanitize.
- Put a drop in your mouth and push or squeeze it around to relieve smoking urges. (Enhance with an extra drop or two of clove.)
- For warts, apply topically, rotating between Oregano & Frankincense.
- Apply a drop on a pet sore or wound to enhance healing (should also mix with carrier oil).
- Make a natural anti-biotic blend using OnGuard (5 drops), Oregano (4 drops), Frankincense (3 drops), Peppermint (2 drops), and Lemon (1 drop) in a gel cap.
- Apply neat to the toes and nails to combat "toe mushrooms".
- Diffusing On Guard will fill the air with its sweet scent and provide an energizing and uplifting fragrance. Next time you are expecting company at home, diffuse to help purify the air and create a positive aroma
- Flavor your pumpkin seeds as you welcome fall and its delectable flavors!
- Kick off the day with a scrumptious pair of immune boosting pancakes. Infused with doTERRA On Guard essential oil, the doTERRA On Guard Pancakes essential oil recipe is packed with healthy and delicious ingredients. This recipe gives the traditional pancake a fun twist that both children and adults will love.
- Have the mid-day munchies? For a tasty and nutritious afternoon snack, slice up an apple and put the slices in water. Add a few drops of doTERRA On Guard essential oil to the water with the apples in it, and let the apples soak. After a couple of minutes, take the apples out of the water and enjoy a healthy, immune-boosting snack that will satisfy your afternoon craving and benefit your body.
Not A Member Yet?If you aren’t already enrolled, consider doing so this month so that you can get points back on your doTERRA Mother’s Day special in May when you purchase it through the Loyalty Rewards Program. With every order, you get your entire shipping cost plus up to 30% of what you spent back in points to spend on MORE of the highest quality, safest, most effective essential oils and essential oil products.
Click here for more information about becoming a wholesale account member!