Fall is here! That means sweater weather, the smell of dried leaves and pumpkin carving! BUT before you toss out the slimy guts of that Jack O Lantern, learn why you should keep those seeds as a healthy snack for you and your family!
Like nuts, pumpkin seeds are a wonderful source of protein and unsaturated fats, including omega-3. They also contain a good range of nutrients including iron, selenium, calcium, B vitamins and beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A.
Can your chocolate snack say that? (I wish it could....)
As if the pumpkin seeds alone didn't have enough benefit....add some doTERRA On Guard essential oil into the mix and BOOM...you got yourself an immune booster as well!
Try these scrumptious On Guard Pumpkin Seeds as you welcome fall and its delectable flavors.
On Guard Pumpkin Seeds
3 drops On Guard essential oil
2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
3 Tablespoons cooking oil
1 Tablespoon raw honey
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons salt
- Soak seeds in On Guard, 1/4 cup salt, and water (1/2 inch over seeds) overnight.
- Drain water from seeds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir pumpkin seeds, cooking oil, honey, cinnamon, and salt until the seeds are evenly coated.
- Pour seeds onto a greased baking sheet with sides.
- Roast for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until golden and crunchy.
Subscribe to my blog below to get updates when a new one hits!