Attention Mamas With New Babies!!
17 months ago I had my final baby boy! Ok...that statement makes it sound like I have a litter of kids. Nope - just my two boys!
When I had my first son, I was not using essential oils as my first line of defense for our health. But when I incorporated them into my life and found out I was pregnant with my second baby, I did a lot of research on which oils were good for newborns!
Stephanie Fritz, The Essential Midwife, has been a great resource for me! Stephanie has been a midwife and used oils in her practice for over 25 years. She switched to doTERRA brand after realizing these were the BEST oils on the market.
Here is her recommendation for the essential go-to’s when you are about to welcome a new baby.
- Frankincense: A drop on the crown of baby’s head (with Fractionated coconut oil) to help with cellular support and bonding. We actually used this right away on my newborns head right after he was born! Yep - right in the delivery room!
- OnGuard: A great oil to diffuse all the time, especially for winter babies to support the whole family’s immune system as well as any visitors you may have. While we were in the hospital, this was one of the oils we diffused in our room when family came to visit! We didn't want germs spread!
- Myrrh: Nicknamed the liquid band-aid. Apply to the belly button, because it is a direct source to all the systems in the body. Now that the cord has been cut it needs to be sealed and myrrh will help support the cells that were once his lifeline that connected mom and babe.
- Balance: Apply to baby's feet to align and ground your baby to life outside of the womb. It helps to balance babe to his new surroundings.
- Lavender: Apply to the bottom of baby's feet with fractionated coconut oil and rub on your clothes to support a calm environment. We brought our Lavender Touch roller to the hospital with us and just rolled it on his feet! It worked great for mom and dad too!
- DigestZen: A must have oil for when digestive and tummy support is needed. When baby’s fussy and you are wondering what to do to help baby feel better. Just a drop in a tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil. The DigestZen Touch roller works perfect too!
With any oils and a brand new baby, you just want to be diluting, so make sure you have a great carrier oil. My favorite is fractionated coconut oil (FCO). YES, always dilute! 4 drops of FCO to 1 drop oil
Interested in purchasing the above kit? Click the link to purchase the oils mentioned above and get your membership and begin your journey!
Subscribe to my blog below to get updates when a new one hits!