We all have been talking about shopping carts, door handles and public railings being filled with germs, bacteria, bugs. Yes - they are everywhere - even our skin!
Which is why we are taught the importance of washing our hands - right?! Using soap and water to remove bacteria is the number one defense mechanism against bacteria and germs that cause us to be sick.
We teach our little boys to sing the ABCs song while they wash to make sure they are scrubbing for at least the recommended 20-30 seconds!
But....what do we do with our cell phones?
In a Time article, they wrote about a 2017 study that found more than 17,000 bacterial gene copies on the phones of high school students. Scientists at the University of Arizona have found that cell phones carry 10 times more bacteria than most toilet seats. We are talking viruses and bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli, and Streptococcus, among many others.
One important thing to note, some of these germs can last on surfaces up to two weeks!
Think about all the germs you are pushing right up to your face - right by your eyes, nose and mouth. Giving the germs easy access into your system.
Clearly we cannot run our mobile devices under water and scrub them! So, what is the best way to sanitize them?
Here is a great suggestion on how to clean your mobile phone the right way, using non toxic chemicals! Avoid pushing germs right up against your face with these tips for sanitizing your screen and case.
- Power down your mobile device.
- Remove the phone case.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth and gently wipe down ing your cell to remove dust and dirt particles. Dampen the microfiber cloth and gently wipe away more soiled spots. A microfiber cloth works better than a paper towel because they have more fibers for trapping dirt and grease.
- Grab your sanitizing mist, spray a little on your microfiber cloth and wipe down the surface of your device avoiding the ports.
- Be sure to let your phone air dry before picking it up to use.
- Let your phone air dry for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Grab a clean microfiber cloth, paper towel or dry wash rag to wipe off any leftover moisture.
- Don't forget to clean your phone case! Repeat the same process above.
Instead of using harsher chemicals or cleaners that can be harmful to your body, think about using an all-natural, non-toxic alternative. The doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist is what our family has come to love! It is infused with the doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend, and includes an active ingredient that kills 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria.
Ethyl alcohol is what gives this mist its sanitizing properties by clumping and denaturing important bacterial proteins, eventually causing these harmful cells to burst open.
The doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist will help protect your family and home against environmental threats.
But wait...there's more!
While other hand sanitizers may feel harsh on the skin and leave it feeling dry, doTERRA On Guard Sanitizing Mist includes apple fruit extract to moisturize and hydrate the hands, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth. Win! Win!
Think twice about bringing your cell phone into the bathroom!
Please click one of the social media share buttons below to share.
Subscribe to my blog below to get updates when a new one hits!