MANY people suffer from anxious feelings. Any small change in a daily routine can cause stress, panic and anxious feelings.
Did you know that 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older are affected by anxious feelings, which is 18% of the population.*
According to the American Institute of Stress:
- 77% of people experience physical symptoms due to stress.
- 73% of people regularly experience physiological symptoms caused by stress
- 48% of people say stress has a negative impact on their personal and professional life + that they lay awake at night as a result of stress.
We live in a world that is plagued by anxiety and stress.
It is becoming an epidemic.
If you are one of these people, there are natural ways to help!
Here are some top essential oils for soothing anxious feelings and calming emotions.
Serenity (Calming Blend)
With a calming and relaxing aroma that soothes the soul, doTERRA Serenity can be used to lessen feelings of tension, calm emotions, and promote relaxation. Creates a perfect escape with its calming, renewing fragrance. Promotes relaxation and a restful sleeping environment. Diffuses into a subtle aroma, ideal for relaxation. Lessens feelings of tension and calms emotions.
- Apply to bottoms of feet at bedtime to help wind down before going to sleep.
- Add 2–3 drops into a warm bath with epsom salts to create a peaceful, renewing aroma.
- Diffuse to help promote relaxation and decrease stress.
- Apply to an aromatherapy necklace to help reduce anxious feelings throughout the day
The Adaptiv System was released at doTERRA Convention in September 2019 - It is a toolbox to help the body and mind stay balanced during life’s stressful moments. This system includes Adaptiv Calming Blend Capsules, Adaptiv Calming blend essential oil and Adaptiv Touch roller. They are an effective answer to reducing tension and helping to empower and encourage when adapting to difficult situations or acclimating to new surroundings. Use the Adaptiv Capsules and its companion essential oil blend to help create a sense of balance and adapt to every situation.
Adaptiv capsules combine clinically studied botanicals with a blend of essential oils to help manage the effects of stress and anxious feelings. The Adaptiv™ Calming Blend Capsules have mood-boosting and tension-reducing effects of a blend of CPTG® essential oils Lavender, Coriander, Wild Orange, and Fennel along with Sceletium, GABA, and Ahiflower®.
Botanical extract Sceletium comes from a succulent plant found in South Africa known as Kanna. Sceletium Extract is responsibly sourced from a sustainable supply with endorsement by the South African indigenous knowledge holders. A unique phytochemical ingredient found in Sceletium Extract, brings a feeling of “alert serenity.” The extract supports healthy emotional responses to everyday stressors and promotes feelings of happiness and well-being. It balances healthy levels of mood-stabilizing hormones and improves cognitive function while combating occasional nervousness.
A quieting neurotransmitter, GABA, also helps promote relaxation. GABA has a natural comforting effect and helps reduce feelings of apprehension and fear by decreasing neuronal excitability. Sometimes called “the brakes of the brain,” because it lowers the activity of neural cells in the brain and central nervous system, it has the effect of moving the brain and the body into lower gear. By inhibiting neural activity, GABA reduces mental and physical strain.
- Calms and promotes positive feelings
- Supports mood and helps improve state of mind (Know the Science Behind Adaptiv Calming Blend)
- Helps when acclimating to new surroundings and adapting to stressful situations
- Encourages relaxation
- Supports cognitive function and emotional balance
- Promotes mental well-being
- Helps boost mood
- Complements effective work and study
- Increases feelings of tranquility
- Soothes and uplifts
- Calming and relaxing aroma
- Assists in centering
- Reduces feeling of anxiousness and tension
- Take one Adaptiv Calming Blend Capsule daily to combat stress, tension, and occasional anxious feelings.
- Soak in a relaxing Epsom Salt bath by adding three to four drops to bath water.
- Mix three drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil for soothing massage.
- Diffuse the oil in a room diffuser to promote a centered and calm mindset.
- Apply one drop to hands, rub together, and inhale deeply as needed throughout the day.
- Apply to pulse points to help with feelings of balance.
- Use to massage shoulders and neck to ease tension and relieve fatigue.
- Apply one drop to hands, rub together, and inhale deeply as needed throughout the day.
- Roll on wrists and temples whenever you feel the need to gain composure quickly.
Balance (Grounding Blend)
doTERRA’s grounding blend, appropriately named doTERRA Balance, promotes tranquility while bringing harmony to the mind and body, and balance to the emotions. Promotes a whole body sense of relaxation. May help ease anxious feelings and evokes feelings of tranquility and balance.
- Begin your day by putting Balance on the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of calmness and tranquility throughout the day.
- Balance is a great oil blend to use during an AromaTouch® Hand Massage.
- Apply doTERRA Balance to your wrists or neck to help ease anxious feelings.
- Diffuse in your car during road trips to create a calming, soothing environment.
- Use before bed for a restful night's sleep.
With a unique, exotic aroma, Vetiver is known to provide a calming, grounding effect on emotions—making it ideal for massage therapy and promoting restful sleep. Vetiver oil has a tranquil, grounding and reassuring energy, often used in trauma helping with self-awareness, calmness and stabilization. A nervous system tonic, it decreases jitteriness and hypersensitivity and is also useful in panic attacks and shock. A study published in Natural Product Research examining the anxiety-like behavior in rats concluded that vetiver oil may be useful in lowering anxious feelings, though more research is needed to confirm this finding.
- Use as a massage oil to calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of Vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse with Lavender, doTERRA Serenity®, or doTERRA Balance® to calm emotions and lessen stress.
Often called the “king of oils, ” Frankincense promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness when used aromatically, while topical and internal uses provide modern health benefits. Promotes feelings of relaxation. Frankincense is great for those feeling depressed and anxious feelings because it provides a calming and tranquil energy as well as spiritual grounding. In aromatherapy, it helps deepen meditation and quiet the mind.
- Mixed with bergamot and lavender oils in a 1:1 ratio in an aroma hand massage
- Apply to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
Peace (Reassuring Blend)
Use the doTERRA Peace Reassuring Blend to promote feelings of contentment, composure, and reassurance when anxious feelings overwhelm your emotions.
- Diffuse at night time to promote a calming environment and restful sleep.
- When experiencing anxious feelings, apply one drop to hands, rub together, and inhale deeply.
- Diffuse or inhale before taking a test, presenting to a large group, or in times of worry or distress.
- To calm an upset or restless child, apply to bottoms of feet.
With both calming and uplifting abilities, Bergamot can dissipate anxious feelings while simultaneously cleansing and purifying the skin. Calming and soothing aroma. Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits. Bergamot can create a feeling of joy, freshness and energy by improving the circulation of your blood. It’s also shown the ability to work as a natural remedy for calming emotions.
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Apply this essential oil to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma and enjoy its skin-purifying benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey tea with the addition of Bergamot.
- Blend Bergamot with Lavender and apply it topically to the abdomen to promote feelings of relaxation.
- Diffuse Bergamot to reduce feelings of negativity and stress.
Lavender is often considered a must-have oil to keep on hand at all times due to its versatile uses, including calming and relaxing properties that promote peaceful sleep and ease feelings of tension. Taken internally, Lavender reduces anxious feeling and promotes peaceful sleep. Helps ease feelings of tension. Lavender oils benefits mood and helps ease feelings of depression and anxious feelings.
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Diffuse to help ease feelings of tension.
- Add a few drops to a clothespin and clip to air vents in your car.
- Add to tea to reduce anxious feelings and promote peaceful sleep.
- It can reduce anxious feelings, even when the ability to smell aromas has been lost.
Derived from unique star-shaped flowers, Ylang Ylang is often used to support healthy skin and hair, while simultaneously providing a calming effect and promoting a positive outlook. Lifts mood while having a calming effect. In aromatherapy, Ylang Ylang is used to lessen tension and stress and to promote a positive outlook. It has amazing benefits for helping stave off depression and negative emotions associated with depression. Inhaling ylang ylang can have immediate, positive effects on your mood and act like a mild, remedy for depression. Research shows it can help release negative emotions such as anger, low self-esteem and even jealousy! Ylang ylang works because of its mild sedative effects, which can lower stress responses helping you relax.
- To enhance confidence, mood and self-love, try diffusing the oil in your home or massaging it into your skin.
- Put Ylang Ylang into an Epsom Salt bath for relaxation.
- Apply Ylang Ylang to the back of the neck for a calming, uplifting effect.
- Blend several drops of Ylang Ylang with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into back and shoulders to help reduce the effects of daily stress.
- Diffuse to lift your mood while experiencing a calming effect.
Subscribe to my blog below to get updates when a new one hits!