Hack! Hack! Cough! Cough! 'Tis the season! Right?
Everyone around us is coughing, sniffling, and blowing their noses. If you would like to know a secret on how to keep that crummy stuff at bay, then keep reading! (Or watch the video below)
As one of doTERRA’s most popular blends, doTERRA On Guard essential oil has incredible uses and benefits for both body and home. This protective blend can be taken internally to support respiratory function and the body’s natural antioxidant defenses. With powerful immune-supporting properties, doTERRA On Guard is well-known for its ability to protect against environmental and seasonal threats. doTERRA On Guard is an effective non-toxic cleaning agent that can be used to clean skin and household surfaces. doTERRA On Guard can also be diffused to help cleanse and purify the air. This essential oil blend has an energizing aroma that is warm and spicy.
- Supports healthy immune and respiratory function
- Protects against environmental threats
- Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses
- Promotes healthy circulation
- Energizing and uplifting aroma
Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Bark/Leaf, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils.
doTERRA On Guard contains cleansing and purifying benefits that can be used to clean household surfaces. For a natural and nontoxic cleaner.
- Make a non-toxic all-purpose cleaner for kitchen and bathroom surfaces! Put 30-50 drops in a spray bottle with ¼ cup white vinegar, 2 cups distilled water. Shake often.
- Add to your dishwasher for micro clean dishes.
- Add to your laundry cycle for micro clean clothes.
- Add to your mop water for cleaner floors.
- Add 15 drops to every cup of corn starch, mix and sprinkle on carpet. Rake carpet, leave for 1 hour, then vacuum to clean and freshen up carpet.
- Mix with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
- Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances like tree sap.
- Put a few drops in your vacuum bag.
- Use a 50/50 mix of OnGuard and purified water and spray onto oven interior. Leave for 15 minutes, and then wipe away greasy spots.
- Clean the upholstery and dashboard of your car.
- Rub on stains as a pre-wash stain remover.
- Spray on shower stalls and bathroom walls to clean and remove mold.
- Spray in public restrooms on airplanes to purify the air.
- Carry for on-the-go protection in foreign countries.
- Don't forget to sanitize your cell phone or mobile device! Click the graphic below for tips on how to do that!
Immune Boost & Protection from Environmental Threats
- Apply to the bottom of your child’s feet to protect them throughout the day. Great to use during the school year and during the winter.
- Put several drops on the HVAC vents of a hotel room or office to protect against environmental threats.
- Put a few drops on air filters when changing them.
- Diffuse in homes, a classroom or business to protect against environmental threats and build immune systems.
- Have the diffuser going in your home when the kids come home to ward off threats.
- Put 15 drops in a 6oz spray bottle, shake and spray rooms, desks, or bed sheets to protect against environmental threats.
- Looking for a hand cleanser that doesn’t include harmful or unnatural ingredients? Make a Hand Cleansing Spray: Combine 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel, 20 drops of On Guard into a 4 oz glass spray bottle and top off with water. To use, shake and spray on children’s hands when traveling!
- Use on hands before and after shaking hands with a lot of people. Make a moisturizing non-toxic Hand Cleansing Gel. Combine 5 tbsp aloe vera gel, ¼ tsp vitamin E oil, 10 drops On Guard in a small bowl. Add 4 tbsp of water and mix. Pour into a small squeeze container. Keep in your purse, diaper bag or at your desk.
- Make an OnGuard spray with 15 drops for every 6 oz of purified water, use the spray for:
- Wipe doorknobs and other things touched by the public.
- Wipe dirty piano keys to clean and ward off threats.
- Use on the steering wheel and gearshift of your vehicle.
- Use as an underarm deodorant.
- Use as an air freshener for cooking odors or other unwanted smells.
- Use in the classroom for desks, tables and other items handled by children.
- Use on public telephones.
- Use on public computer keyboards and mice.
- Take to the gym and spray all the equipment you use.
- Take to the supermarket and use to clean shopping cart handles.
When You're Under the Weather
- Mix with a tbsp of water, gargle for 1 minute then swallow at the on-set of a irritated throat.
- Put 5 drops Oregano and 5 drops OnGuard in a capsule and take 3 times daily at the on set of seasonal symptoms.
- Put on the soles of children’s feet at night when they're not feeling good to support immune system (be sure to put cotton socks on after applying the oil).
- Put several drops in a bowl of hot – hot water and breathe in the vapors as it begins to volatilize when you have lung congestion.
- Add to Emergen-C or orange juice to help congestion and fight the yuck.
- Mix 2-3 drops of OnGuard and 2 drops of lemon EO with honey or agave in a teaspoon for relief for kids.
- Gargle with 1 tbsp of water and 1 drop each of lemon and On Guard hourly when you feel like you are losing your voice.
- Spray in your mouth and throat when you feel some yuckies coming on.
- Freshen breath in the middle of the day or after meals with On Guard beadlets.
- Apply to skin irritations caused by outdoor threats.
- Brush daily with On Guard toothpaste for healthy teeth and gums.
- Gargle with On Guard and 1 tbsp of water prior speaking engagements or singing performances.
- Add 3 drops to your tooth brush and brush every day for a healthy mouth.
- Apply to gums and teeth, or swish with 5 drops of On Guard & 1 tbsp of water after dental work or when you experience soreness.
- Apply to canker sore.
- Combine 2 tbsp of water with 5 drops of On Guard in a small glass and store your toothbrush overnight to sanitize.
- Put a drop in your mouth and push or squeeze it around when you have the urge to smoke. (Enhance with an extra drop or two of clove.)
- For warts, apply topically, rotating between Oregano & Frankincense.
- Apply a drop on a pet sore or wound to enhance healing (should also mix with carrier oil).
- Make a natural immune boost blend using On Guard (5 drops), Oregano (4 drops), Frankincense (3 drops), Peppermint (2 drops), and Lemon (1 drop) in a gel cap.
- Apply neat to the toes and nails to combat "toe mushrooms".
- Diffusing On Guard will fill the air with its sweet scent and provide an energizing and uplifting fragrance. Next time you are expecting company at home, diffuse to help purify the air and create a positive aroma
- Flavor your pumpkin seeds as you welcome fall and its delectable flavors!
- Kick off the day with a scrumptious pair of immune boosting pancakes. Infused with doTERRA On Guard essential oil, the doTERRA On Guard Pancakes essential oil recipe is packed with healthy and delicious ingredients. This recipe gives the traditional pancake a fun twist that both children and adults will love.
- Have the mid-day munchies? For a tasty and nutritious afternoon snack, slice up an apple and put the slices in water. Add a few drops of doTERRA On Guard essential oil to the water with the apples in it, and let the apples soak. After a couple of minutes, take the apples out of the water and enjoy a healthy, immune-boosting snack that will satisfy your afternoon craving and benefit your body.
Subscribe to my blog below to get updates when a new one hits!